The dealership quoted me over $11,000 for a new/rebuilt engine, installed, and without a warranty due to mods. Hundreds of posts on Forums so do your reading. I always wondered: How much does an engine swap cost? When an engine starts to clunk out, motorists can be stumped by a decision to replace it or buy a new car. 252 points Analytics Edit Delete Embed post Remind me Report. Everything works, runs cool and is lighter than a Hemi, better mpg's also. I have a 2000 Freightliner Classic Detroit 12.7. Cost is probably $2k - $5k depending on how much you pay for your donor engine and how much you do yourself vs. farm out. 31 comments. A simple engine swap is not worthy of being called a restomod. Sort by Best Sort by Latest. Not only is it possible for the Mazda engine to make the same power as the 350 horsepower LS, but you would also have less downtime and none of the problems associated with a swap. Getting 150,000 or 200,000 miles out of a modern vehicle is increasingly common. Some high-performance engines can cost beyond £5,850, as of 2010. The final tally for the LS Miata swap was a hefty $13,099. Also be advised that a 2GR swap is not smoggable here in Calif. unless you use a Lotus Evora ECU - which nobody has even tried to do yet. In most cases, this will include ordering a crate motor. Sounds like the bottom end let go, so now I have to replace the engine. Show Comments. Taylor could have built a stout Miata engine for the cost of these required components. So, from a price perspective, we are assuming a modern/newer engine is being installed. The dealer suggested the manufacturer would probably make a significant contribution. In the grand scheme of engine swaps, horsepower per dollar spent, and overall happiness from having fuel injection, both are actually a pretty great deal. Does anyone know what the labor cost … I definitely didn’t expect to spend nearly $4,000 on this engine swap, but somehow I managed to do so. there are lots of variables. If you take your car to a dealer, they will only fit new, genuine parts, but an independent repairer can offer you a new engine, a reconditioned engine or a second-hand engine. ... How much does it cost to Restomod a car? Well it finally happened after 300k miles of boat deliveries around the country. Biggest one is the model of the car, second is where you get the engine, and if you are going to get a low mileage used engine or a rebuilt engine. This could be the difference between a $28,000 brand new engine, a $12,000 reco engine or a $5000 engine … The remedy was a new engine at a cost of around £5000. Cost of replacement depends on the make and model of the car. It costs $50,000-$70,000 to restomod a car. Do a LS swap....cannot beat the LS for HP-weight and the 6l80e for shifting. I am planning on putting in a newer engine but still a pre EGR block so everything will be the same. Further contact with Renault (up to Managing Director level) resulted in them offering to pay 60% of the cost, and no more, with us paying the remaining 40% ie £2000. Motec in Las Vegas kits vary in price but $5-6k LS motors same but example mine from a '12 with 840 miles on it with the 6l80e was $4k